Best cheap home insurance in Nashville
More than half of Tennessee’s people own a home, and the majority are in the property value range of $ 200,000 to $ 250,000. In Nashville, the average cost of home insurance for $ 250,000 coverage is $ 1,495 per year.
To find the best cheap home insurance in Nashville, we’ve compared the best home insurance companies in the area. By analyzing coverage options, financial stability, and third party ratings, we found five home insurance companies with great rates in Nashville.
Best Cheap Home Insurance Companies Nashville
Below are five of the most popular home insurance companies in Nashville with the best coverage and great rates for $ 250,000 home coverage. These five were selected because of high scores for customer satisfaction based on third party reviews and superior financial strength. All home insurance companies listed have rates below the average cost of home insurance in Nashville.
|Home insurance company||Average annual premium for a home of $ 250,000||JD Power Customer Satisfaction Score|
|United States||$ 1,154||889/1000|
|Car owners||$ 1,164||843/1000|
Of all the companies reviewed, Erie has the cheapest annual home insurance rates for residents of Nashville based on housing coverage of $ 250,000. Erie offers guaranteed replacement cost in its base owners policy, which ensures your home is repaired regardless of increased building materials or inflation.
Erie offers a multi-policy discount of up to 25% for bundling home and auto insurance with the same insurer. Nashville homeowners can include optional coverages such as water and sump pump overflow protection or utility line protection to further protect their home and customize their insurance policy. Although Erie insurance products are only offered in 12 states, the home insurance company ranked fourth in the JD Power 2020 US Home Insurance Study and is the sixth largest home insurer in Tennessee.
Learn more: Erie Insurance Review
Not all residents of Nashville own a single family home, townhouse, or condo. For those who live in a manufactured or mobile home, Allstate offers insurance cover as well as the typical home insurance policy. Homeowners who share a home may also include additional coverage in their policy to protect their property against theft or damage resulting from renters’ accommodation.
According to Allstate, the three costliest claims in the Nashville area are wind, property damage, and accidental discharges or leaks from home systems. These homeowners’ claims may be covered by your Allstate home insurance, but may incur additional charges for additional protection. Allstate is Tennessee’s third largest home insurer and has the second cheapest home insurance cost in Nashville.
Learn more: Allstate Insurance Review
USAA offers home insurance and other products to Nashville residents who have been or retired from the military, their spouses, and their children. Like Allstate, USAA offers home sharing coverage in addition to standard home insurance coverage. Although Nashville and other parts of Tennessee tend to see smaller earthquakes, there have been over 300 last year. Residents who want additional protection can get seismic coverage as part of their home insurance with USAA.
Although USAA is only offered to military personnel and their direct families, it remains Tennessee’s fifth-largest home insurer. USAA also has the highest customer satisfaction rating in the JD Power 2020 Home Insurance Study, although it is not eligible for ranking due to restricted membership.
Learn more: USAA Insurance Review
Nashville owners can customize their home insurance policy with auto owners to include appliance leaks, equipment breakdown coverage, and water damage caused by back-up sewers or drains. Automobile owners also offer special coverage for personal property, which extends the basic coverage to include loss, misplacement, stains and damage.
There are many ways to save on auto owners’ home insurance in Nashville, which can keep homeowners rates cheap and protect your home. Discounts include an automatic back-up generator, no mortgage, automatic water shut-off system, and no claims.
Learn more: Automobile Owners Insurance Review
As Tennessee’s seventh largest home insurer, Farmers offers three owners packages for the people of Nashville. Choose from the Standard, Enhanced, or Premier plan, with higher coverage limits and additional features built into each. Claim forgiveness, cosmetic damage coverage and declining deductibles are built into every home insurance package.
If you prefer a personalized insurance experience, Farmers agents are dedicated to providing it for you. All of Nashville’s home insurance products are flexible, allowing the homeowner to control coverage limits to suit their needs.
Learn more: Farmers Insurance Review
Home insurance options in Nashville
While home insurance isn’t mandatory, it’s a great way to protect what could be your most important asset. Residents of Nashville may consider including the following coverages in their home insurance policy based on crime statistics for burglary and vandalism as well as the probability of severe weather events:
- Personal property: This coverage protects all of your property and includes claims for burglary and vandalism of personal property. Work with your insurance agent to make sure that there is sufficient coverage in the event of a serious event and that all of your belongings are damaged.
- Wind and hail: Most standard home insurance policies cover wind and hail, including tornado damage. With severe weather events such as tornadoes affecting residents of Nashville, consider this coverage to protect your home and property.
- Flood insurance: Although flood coverage is not included in a home insurance policy, most insurance companies offer a separate flood policy to cover this loss. You can also get a quote directly from the National flood insurance program (NFIP).
- Back-up of sewers and drains: This optional coverage can be added to Nashville homeowners insurance policies to cover damage caused by backflow drains or sewers in the home.
- Chasm cover: Tennessee is one of the best states in the country for sinkhole damage. Including this optional coverage in your Nashville home insurance policy can provide you with coverage if a sinkhole damages your home or property.
Discounts on home insurance in Nashville
One way to keep home insurance rates cheap in Nashville is to take advantage of discounts offered by the insurance company. You can combine these discounts to keep rates affordable while making sure you have the right coverage in place.
- Advance quote: If you shop for home insurance coverage before your current policy expires, most home insurance companies offer an early quote discount.
- Multi-policy: Often the biggest discount percentage offered on home insurance, Nashville homeowners can reduce the cost of home and auto insurance by placing them both with the same insurer.
- Safety and security devices: The more secure your home, the more you save on your home insurance. This includes deadbolts, centrally monitored burglar and fire alarms, and smart home features.
- Claim for free: The more time you spend without filing a home insurance claim, the more you can save on home insurance.
Homeowners have a wide range of insurance discounts to choose from in Nashville for great rates. In addition to those listed above, home insurance companies also offer discounts for full payment, paperless, having a green home, and being a new owner.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best home insurance company?
Nashville homeowners should consider coverage and rebate options, the financial strength of the business, and the price when searching for the best home insurance company in Tennessee. Every household’s needs are unique, so the best home insurance company is different for every homeowner.
How much does home insurance cost in Nashville?
The average cost of home insurance in Nashville is $ 1,495 per year for coverage of $ 250,000. Your rate may be higher or lower depending on your claim history, postal code, coverage needs and available discounts.
How Much Home Insurance Do I Need in Nashville?
The amount of coverage you need for home insurance depends on the value of your home and other coverage needs. Work with your insurance agent to determine the coverage you need to protect your home in Nashville.
Bankrate uses Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all postal codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, DC Rates shown are based on 40 year old male and female owners with clean claim history , good credit and the following coverage limits:
- Coverage A, Housing: $ 250,000
- Cover B, Other structures: $ 25,000
- Coverage C, Personal Property: $ 125,000
- Cover D, Loss of use: $ 50,000
- Cover E, liability: $ 300,000
- Coverage F, Medical Payments: $ 1,000
Homeowners also have a $ 1,000 deductible and a separate wind and hail deductible (if required).
These are sample rates and should be used for comparison purposes only. Your quotes may be different.